I was tagged to do this by Lauren over at lipstickandlacquer. I had to hold off, even though she tagged me nearly two weeks ago (or more!) because to be honest it doesn't even really feel like autumn here in Arizona yet. It's currently 88 degrees and it's 4:30 in the afternoon. So I'm not quite to the point of breaking out my sweaters and scarves, but thought I would get moving on this tag anyway.
1. Ok we're talking coffee's - what's your favourite seasonal drink from Starbucks/Costa/Cafe Nero etc?
I absolutely adore the Pumpkin Spice Latte like many other red blooded human beings. I've had it once so far this "season" and that has been iced, seeing as it's not quite yet cold enough for me to be choking down hot drinks in the middle of the day. I did have to make a change, however: as my stomach doesn't handle caffeine well, I had to cut out the expresso that the PSL has in it and change it out for chai. Let me tell you, it is absolutely delicious. I also love the Starbucks hot chocolate and hot chocolate in general and am looking forward to it to be colder and have more of that. Finally - tea! I'm looking forward to cozy nights and warm tea.
I don't exactly break out different music for the seasons. However there are a few songs that just feel a little different when you listen to them this time of year. "Come November" by Thriving Ivory is one. I will also beginning my Christmas music listening somewhere around the middle of November. I tell myself to wait until after Thanksgiving, but that may or may not happen.
4. Perfume - what's your favourite scent for this time of year? Again, nothing really changes. Sometimes I'll find a scene from Bath and Body Works that is from their fall line that I might start using more. There was a Sweet Pumpkin last year (I think that was the name) that I loved. I'll have to check them out soon when I have more money to really get it to start feeling like fall.
5. Candles - what scents will you be burning this season? Again, I haven't stopped by Bath and Body Works lately, but I'll definitely be needing to grab a few of their fall candles. Mahogany Teakwood is a favorite all year around, but it definitely has an elevated feeling around fall. I also found these two, very cheap, candles from Ross. They smell just fantastic and have already gotten me in the fall spirit of things - even if it's not quite that cold yet.
I do like cardigans and layering it up a little more. The thing is that I like every season - even if Arizona doesn't exactly see all four seasons - because it's nice to have a change of pace. When I'm getting tired of summer, here comes fall and a nice change. It's definitely about the fashion for me. I like having options with scarves and sweaters. I also just love Halloween so much. I never end up doing that much for it, but I love it just the same. I got this soap dispenser from Walmart recently and I can't wait to start using it - because of its Halloween theme and the fact that it looks like Elphie.
7. Favourite makeup look? I'm not a makeup expert and I am not really adventurous when it comes to different looks. I'm usual a neutral kind of girl. I might break out more gold and fall looking colors for eyeshadow, but that might be in. I've just started to play with lipstick, so I'll continue to play around there. I might work my way up to a dark lip, since this is the season in which they really shine! (Shout out to this dark lipstick swatch video that has given me some great suggestions of what to try!)
8. What are you looking forward to most in Autumn? The weather getting cooler, for one. The Arizona summer is just so intense and I'm killing for a break from it. My birthday, which is on October 21st. Halloween! We're going to dress up and go see The Nightmare Before Christmas, which is playing at our movie theatre. Changing up what I'm wearing when the weather changes is an obvious one too.
That's the end of the tag! I now tag:
- Mia at miasarahlucille
- Izzy at izzyyyywang
- Rachel Whitehurst (on her Youtube channel)
- and anyone else who wants to - be sure to link me to your post or video if you end up doing it!
Until next time,