About Me

22. Tucson. University of Arizona 2014 graduate. I like to read, write, and obsess over television shows and music, which you'll find a bit of here.

Monday, January 12, 2015

Recipe: Beef Tortellini Soup


I thought it would be fun to have a short post every so often having to do with a recipe. I originally found this recipe in a book I was putting away at work, but ended up modifying it a bit.

It includes:

  • ground beef
  • cheese tortellini (refrigerated at the store, not a dried bag)
  • condensed french onion soup
  • a cup of water
  • canned diced tomatoes 
The first thing you're going to do in a large pot is cook your ground beef until it's not pink. Then you're going to add the can of french onion soup, water, diced tomatoes and tortellini. I sort of just eye balled the water myself. Then, because I didn't feel like it was liquidy enough, added about half a can of chicken broth. My mom uses this for a lot of different things, just because it does add a lot of flavor. 

I also added some spices: italian seasoning and red pepper. 

Bring this to a boil and then cook for roughly ten minutes, or until the pasta is fully cooked. 

I really liked the final product - it's also great for leftovers!


You can definitely modify the recipe even further, depending on taste. Here are some examples:
  • use ground turkey instead of beef to make it more lean (or skip on the meat entirely if you want to go vegetarian)
  • instead of chicken broth, vegetable broth would probably taste amazing as well
  • add vegetables - zucchini, green beans, etc - to add a "health factor" to it.  
  • heck, even go for a different pasta entirely!
There are a lot of possibilities! I hope you enjoyed the post and if you try the recipe, I hope you enjoy that as well! Let me know if you tried anything different!

Until next time, 

Rose


No comments:

Post a Comment